[CSS21] line breaking controls

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:02:49 -0800
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
I had an action item to propose text allowing UAs to honor
newline characters such as PS and LS. Here's a proposal.

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/text.html#white-space-prop

Replace
   # Lines are only broken at newlines in the source, or at
   # occurrences of "\A" in generated content.
with
   | Lines are only broken at preserved newline characters.

Replace
   # Lines are broken at newlines in the source, at
   # occurrences of "\A" in generated content,
with
   | Lines are broken at preserved newline characters.
twice.

Add
   | UAs must recognize line feeds (U+000A) as newline
   | characters. UAs may additionally treat other forced
   | break characters as newline characters per UAX14.

Move the paragraph discussing newline normalization
above the propdef table, or at least above the values
<dl>.

~fantasai