Re: [css3-flexbox] Flexbox needs to define where the baseline of a box is

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:38:25 -0800
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

>> I need more grounding on exactly what the whitespace trimming rules
>> are.  I know we magically get rid of "non-significant whitespace";
>> where is that defined?
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/text.html#white-space-model

Hm, okay.

So, rules 1-4 of the first numbered list will collapse any whitespace
into a single space, as I expected.

I suspect you intend that rule 4.2 would remove that final space,
assuming there is a space before the inline flexbox.  Given that these
rules are defined over elements, and so no anonymous box creation has
happened yet, that makes sense.

Am I understanding correctly?