Re: [css3-flexbox] Flexbox needs to define where the baseline of a box is

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:19:50 -0800
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> The flexbox draft doesn't seem to define where the baseline of a box is
>> located; it certainly doesn't define it for empty boxes.  This needs to be
>> defined.
>
> We agreed on what it should be at the Opera face-to-face, iirc.  (I
> don't remember exactly what the resolution was, but it was recorded.)
>
> I'm trying to finish up my Flexbox edits right now for a proper new
> Editor's Draft, and this information will definitely be included.

As a more general question, what information is necessary for a new
layout mode to define in order for it to work nicely with the other
layout modes?  I want to define the interface between layout modes, so
it's easy for new ones to integrate.

Right now I have the min/max/fit-content widths and heights, and the
baseline.  Do you know of anything else?