Re: CSS Variables Draft Proposal

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:24:50 +0100
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
CC: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Le 16/02/11 08:26, David Singer a écrit :

> Is it harmful to have variables textually local to the document in which they occur?

Assuming your "document" above means "stylesheet", my answer is yes.

   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="corporate.css"/>
     .logo { content: $logoUrl; }

The above - a real test case real users have been asking for more than a
decade - is possible only because variables cross stylesheet boundaries.
If the logoUrl is changed by the corporate stylesheet, the web page is
visually updated w/o any action from the page author.

</Daniel>