Re: [CSS21] left-floated :first-letter testcase

On Tuesday 2011-02-15 13:50 -0800, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
> Boris, right now, all browsers report a pass result for your test...
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/details?s=CSS21_HTML&c=first-letter-inherit-001
>
> but with such different rendering, I do not think this is ok. The reftest
> does not appear to be sufficiently demanding, requiring.

5.12.2 says:
  # To allow UAs to render a typographically correct drop cap or
  # initial cap, the UA may choose a line-height, width and height
  # based on the shape of the letter, unlike for normal elements.
  # CSS3 is expected to have specific properties that apply to
  # first-letter.
  --http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/selector.html#first-letter

-David