Re: [css3-fonts] CSS3 font-weight, OFF OS2.usWeightClass, and weights which are not a multiple of 100.

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 14:35 +0100, Christoph Päper wrote:
> John Daggett:
> >
> > Please keep in mind that CSS is *not* attempting to define a taxonomy of fonts, …
>
> Maybe it should.

I've spent a little time thinking about tag-based font selection (as in
Web tags, folksonomies, etc) and that fonts could even come with some
tags in them.

For sure CSS should not define such a taxonomy, because people don't
agree on them, but a mechanism to share taxonomies (probably with a
well-defined mapping to an RDF model) might work.

Liam