[css3-2d-transforms] inconsistency between 2d-transforms & css3-background

From: Oli Studholme <w3-style@boblet.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 23:15:41 +0900
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
Hey All,

I just noticed that individual border-radius properties e.g.
border-top-right-radius lists vertical then horizontal axes, whereas
transform-origin values are horizontal then vertical axes, e.g
transform-origin: 100% 0; is equivalent to transform-origin: right
top;. Based on margin/border/padding (TRBL) I would have expected
vertical then horizontal, and this is also the way I’d write them e.g.
“The search box is often in the top right of the page”, rather than
“right top”.

It’d be nice to standardise this kind of thing, as writing CSS like:
    .top-right {border-top-right-radius: 0; transform-origin: right top;}
is somewhat odd ;)

HTH

peace - oli studholme
@boblet