Re: [css3-mediaqueries] tv and screen media types

From: Daniel Davis <danield@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 11:52:08 +0900
To: www-style@w3.org
(Sorry for only noticing this thread now)

I agree that Media Queries would be ideal but in practice I can't find any
properties that would indicate a "leanback" TV-like environment.

For example, in testing we found no difference (screen size, resolution,
etc.) between a 22 inch monitor and a 40 inch TV. I'd like to at least
increase a page's font size for the TV, as well as other optimizations,
but currently can't.

As Tab suggested, having the screen and TV media types as non-exclusive
would allow certain styles to be overridden for TVs without breaking
what's already there.

Daniel Davis