RE: [css3-backgrounds] Percentage sizes and fixed backgrounds on the root element

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 02:16:29 +0000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
[fantasai:]
> It's a link to the normative text, which is in section 3.11:
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#special-backgrounds
> and which defines the background painting area of the root element as the
> canvas.

First, the note says the property has no effect. I disagree that's an informative
statement in this context.

Second, the normative text it points to says nothing about background-clip. It does
describe what the background painting area covers but whatever that means for
background-clip is implicit at best.

So the only unambiguous statement that background-clip has no effect in this case
only exists today in the Editor's Draft as an informative note. I request that this
be fixed by making this first note normative.