Re: CSS Variables

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 12:18:26 +1100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 9/02/2011 11:08 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Alan Gresley<alan@css-class.com>  wrote:

>> What about this one.
>>
>> @var $US;    span:before { content: '$US' }
>
> That just sets the content to the string '$US'.  It doesn't invoke the
> variable at all.

Anyway my example had the syntax partly wrong.

@var $US red;    span:before { content: '$US' }  <span>100</span>

>> How do we not return the value of foo?
>
> I don't understand what this question means.
>
> ~TJ

I think you have answered the question. I should have said how do we not
return the value of 'foo' and just return the value of the content string?

So is this an exclusion where the value of 'foo' should not be returned,
like in a string for generated content?

--
Alan http://css-class.com/