RE: [css3-multicol] pseudo-algorithm

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 20:18:29 +0100
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Also sprach Sylvain Galineau:

 > I was wondering about that. Taking another look
 > at this branch of the algorithm it certainly seems
 > to be designed to preserve the specified column-gap,

The whole algorithm is -- and has always been -- partial to
'column-gap'; it may give new values to 'column-width' and
'column-count', but not to 'column-gap'. This is good, I believe. It
keeps the algorighm (relatively) simple, and column gaps will
typically be narrow so there isn't much space to gain by reducing
their width.

-h&kon