RE: [css3-images] image-rendering property for contrast-preserving image upscaling

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 16:33:36 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Lech <unattended@gmail.com>

If the answer for your average web author is 'code your image scaling
algorithm yourself' then I would most definitely argue there is a good
reason for this ! That is not something the kind of JS code browsers
should spend cycles running on a routine basis.

(The implied claim that this can 'easily' be done also begs the question:
for whom ? And even then, so what ? It's easy to make progress bars and
sliders but those are built in HTML5)

So the question imo is: why would this be something authors would want
to control on a routine basis ?