Re: variables/mixins in chrome

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 13:55:25 -0500
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 2/5/11 3:29 AM, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> I'm reading http://www.xanthir.com/blog/b49w0

I actually have some questions/comments about what that page is talking
about, from a spec/implementation perspective.

0)  I don't believe any of this has actually been proposed in this form
yet, correct?  Or did I miss a mail or five?

1)  I assume @var is being implemented with a vendor prefix?

2)  I assume @mixin and @mix are also being vendor-prefixed?

3)  I'd need to see a non-example definition of the parameter stuff for
@mixin to evaluate it.

4)  The nesting thing changes the grammar in a nontrivial way, looks
like, with effects outside CSS per se (e.g. the interaction with the
CSSOM's insertRule, inline style, and so forth needs to be defined).
The behavior of '&' there is not obvious to me from the examples, by the
way; I'd like to see a proposed definition.

5)  Without answering the questions above and many more about the actual
syntax, grammar, and behavior of this stuff, one can't in fact create a
preprocessor to handle this in the way that the blog post recommends at
the bottom.

-Boris