Re: [css3 speech] talk about media types

Hi Simon, with regards to implementations, please refer to:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Feb/0061.html

As for the "speech" media type: it is mutually-exclusive with other
types, but user-agents can still render in both aural and visual
dimensions simultaneously, by virtue of the concept of "media groups":

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/media.html#media-groups

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/media.html#media-types

Note that I do not wish to formally point to the CSS3 Syntax Module,
because it is currently in an under-maintained state, but here are the
links anyway (for reference only):

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-syntax/#media-groups

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-syntax/#media-types

Now, as you know, there is a compiled table of CSS Speech-specific
properties in the current draft, and below it there is a list of
general CSS properties that affect TTS behavior:

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-speech/#property-index

Once I have updated the latest online editor's draft, there will be a
clear separation between "speak" and "speakability", which will
describe more formally how "display:none" gets 'inherited' (so to
speak) from the visual dimension into the aural space, and how authors
can override this default behavior. I will also explicitly mention the
impact of "visibility:hidden" in the aural dimension.

Thank you for your feedback !
Regards, Daniel