RE: [css3-transform] definition of skewing

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 19:31:00 -0800
To: Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com>
CC: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Hi Chris,

SVG probably doesn't do transitions and animations like CSS, so most likely it wasn't a problem there.

It's probably OK not to add rotate(x, ) for now because there is a workaround by using multiple discrete matrices.
This is not too hard if you're generating the CSS programmatically but for a regular user, it will be hard to calculate and it also creates bigger CSS.

Like I said, this is a common transformation in all Adobe apps and probably other applications as well so it seems that it should be part of the spec.

Rik