Re: [css4-ui]/[css4-selectors] Pseudo-class for selecting broken images & other external resources

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 12/28/11 11:50 AM, Brian Kardell wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure that they all have to in order to add a lot of value - but
>> which common resources do not?  Some of them do not currently work
>> consistently, but generally speaking I think simple things like
>> all do today - yeah?
>>

> There is no readystate on script or image.
>
> In fact, attempting to implement it on script while not being MSIE is not
> web-compatible: I tried doing it in Gecko, and had to back it out.
>
> -Boris

Hmmm... I get what you are saying, but in those cases the non-ie browsers
support load and error states for those though - right?  Since those
reflect what we've described - would it be so bad to expose a CSS 'state'
out of it?  It seems that that could _not_ be web-incompatible since it is
new/non-existent today.  I don't know that it is necessary to do more since
CSS is defining a new state pseudo-class/filter out of it in this
proposal....