Re: [css4-ui]/[css4-selectors] Pseudo-class for selecting broken images & other external resources

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 11:17:13 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
On 12/28/11 6:01 AM, Lea Verou wrote:
> Also, I'm not a browser developer by any means, but I'd guess it's
> trivial to implement such a thing.

It's trivial to implement the matching (or at least it was in Gecko).
Getting dynamic updates right is not quite trivial, as usual.

I was going to say more, but dbaron's earlier post in this thread covers
what I was going to say.

The set of relevant states depends on the thing we're looking at, by the
way; for <object> Gecko also has -moz-type-unsupported,
-moz-handler-disabled, -moz-handler-blocked, -moz-handler-crashed,
-moz-handler-clicktoplay.  And defining when a script is "broken" is
very different from defining it for images...

-Boris