Re: [css3-animations][css3-transitions][css3-background] Animating box-shadow

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:03 AM, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> It looks weird if I punch in
>  Outset: -10 -50 2 4
>  Inset: 40 40 10 10

Oh, duh, I did something dumb.  When searching for the longest path, I
just found the largest value, not the largest absolute value.  Your
example is much less dumb-looking now.

> Maybe taking the longest route for inset and outset independently
> would be better? (So your pacing attribute can change from outset
> to inset.)

My code was already doing this (it was just doing it incorrectly when
negative values were involved).

> Also I'm wondering if blur and spread should be added together to
> find the distance that they contribute. Or indeed whether spread
> and the offsets should be added together to find that distance.

That's interesting.  I'd have to play with it a bit to figure out how it looked.