Re: [css3-background] Adding a second background-image without overwriting the first one?

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 4:53 AM, Dennis Amrouche <dennis@screenlabor.de> wrote:
> Dear list, today I have some request for a problem/flaw of the specs:
>
> How do I add a second or third background-image to an html-element that already has some background-image?
> I of course want to do this without overwriting the background-image that was there in the first place?
> I want to add this second image.

Right now, the only way to do this is to repeat the first
background-image in the second declaration.  This is, unfortunately, a
problem for every CSS property that accepts a comma-separated list of
values.  We expect to solve this at some point, but haven't yet come
up with an acceptable solution.