Re: [css3-multicol] Clarification on column-fill

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 19:32:20 +0100
To: Morten Stenshorne <mstensho@opera.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>, www-style@w3.org
Also sprach Morten Stenshorne:

 > >  >    "When the multi-column element is paginated, only the last row
 > >  >    of column boxes is affected by 'column-fill'."

 > > I like your proposed text, and I think we should use it.
 >
 > This doesn't really make sense to me - neither the proposed text here,
 > nor what the spec currently says.

 > Should we really forcefully balance the columns on the two first pages
 > here?

So, you are saying the the spec shoul not use terms like "not being
affected", but rather about what the behavior should be? That makes sense.

How about:

    "When the multi-column element is paginated, this last row of
    columns are formatted according to the computed value of this
    property; other columns are formatted as if 'column-fill:
    auto' had been set."

-h&kon