Re: [css3-lists] counters "self-nesting"

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 3:54 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr> wrote:
> Le 09/12/2011 12:48, Andrian Cucu a écrit :
>> In that case, I find the wording "re-using a counter in a child element
>> automatically creates a new instance of a counter" confusing - since I'm
>> reusing the same counter in a child element and thus a new instance of the
>> counter should be created.
>>
>> At the same time, my interpretation is that "a new instance of a counter"
>> means a new counter scope - or does instance refer to something else?
>
> As I understand it, a counter instance and scope are the same thing. The
> exact scoping behavior is described for each counter property later in the
> same section, but I agree: the introduction paragraph is confusing if not
> wrong.

I try to refer to things as counters or counter instances, which
*have* scope, but if I've gotten it wrong please correct me.

I agree that the intro paragraph is a bit confusing.  It was inherited
from the old Content spec with minimal changes.  I've changed the word
"re-using" to "resetting".