Re: [css3-flexbox] alignment test

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 2:49 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 1:58 PM, fantasai<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
>>  wrote:
>>> What controls do you need, besides what is offered with flex()?
>>
>> Well, you need the stuff offered by flex() (preferred width, pos-flex,
>> neg-flex), and some way to determine where it goes.
>
> What do you mean, where it goes?

Relative to the other flexbox items.  This comes for free with margins
(since it's attached to a particular side of a particular box), though
it may be expensive/annoying to actually specify it with a selector.
(:nth-match() will help in many cases.)  It needs to be specified
explicitly if you're inserting boxes or something like that somehow.

>> Ideally you'd also have min and max constraints.
>
> min() and max()?

We're punting them from Values 3, and it's not entirely clear they're
feasible in general yet.