Re: [css3-images] 2011/12/01 ED section 4.2 review notes

On Dec 7, 2011, at 11:06 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>> That was the one I thought had some promise, but still needed a little work. So apparently, shortly after that, you came up with a grammar that was different, and presented it to the WG as something the four of us had agreed to that best addressed the comments of the survey. No wonder I am confused. The WG voted on something I wasn't even aware of, and which had not been adaquately discussed beforehand.
>
> Do you hate the current grammar?

I like the one we had most recently discussed better. It just needed a little tweaking.

> Do you see any mistakes or killer
> problems with it?

I'll need time to look at it. Slipping it in under the radar during a holiday week  under the guise of something we had talked about, didn't afford me the time to give it much attention. I do think it is natural and clear to use 'circle to <extent>'.

> It looks like it addresses your concerns, so what
> is the problem?  It doesn't seem useful to be talking about the merits
> of a grammar that you don't like and which doesn't exist in any
> published draft.

The fact that you stuck something we hadn't discussed into an ED doesn't make it particularly more special than the last thing we had started to discuss. I do like fantasai's proposal that we had begun discussing, but with changes.