Re: [css3-images] 2011/12/01 ED section 4.2 review notes

On 12/06/2011 01:08 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:
> .
>
> I did have a suggested change during our discussions, that would make me happier. I don't think I ever got a reply. So the
> agreement is not quite as resounding as you imply (though I think that I could live with it). My comment included a preference
> for <size><shape>in that order, which you can see below, and which Brian also seems to prefer, if anything is ordered (his
> option F). I would have said so, if I could have made it to that telecon that day.

I agree that that seems the more readable order, but since there's
no benefit to requiring that order, I think it's better to leave
it order-flexible. I'll also note that the natural order is probably
influenced by which language you speak: '5em circle' sounds better to
an English-speaker, whereas 'circle 5em' probably sounds better to
someone whose native tongue is French.

> I go further, to say that the shape keyword is actually pretty
>redundant when lengths are given for size.

True. But it's optional; you can leave it out if you prefer.

~fantasai