Re: "-draftX-" prefix

Le 05/12/11 23:57, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :

> The other prefixing failure (gradients) is largely caused by this
> being the very first complex-grammar function in CSS, so we've had
> some significant disagreements over how to approach it.  We've worked
> out a lot of these issues now, though, so future similar cases
> shouldn't have as much problems.

Yes. But again, gradients were shipped and spread before standardization
even started. This is the root of the problem.

> So, it doesn't seem like we need complicated solutions for this stuff.
>   We just need to ensure that specs actually reach CR in a timely
> manner when they're ready for it.

Not only. If we compare what happened with Gradients and Regions,
Gradients were submitted to the WG at the time Apple shipped them;
Regions were submitted to the WG only with a JS-based prototype,
and Adobe started (AFAIK) stronger implementation only afterwards.

These are entirely different processes. In the latter case,
implementation started on something already discussed. Not in the
former one.

</Daniel>