Re: [css3-text] Splitting CSS Text into Level 3 and Level 4

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 7:41 AM, Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com> wrote:
> uranges do exactly what I need, so I could live with them. At the same
> time, they are not very human-readable, and it bothers me more here and
> in @font.
>
> Do you have a proposal of a literal variant that would play nicer with
> existing things?

Unfortunately, no.  However, in Lists I decided I didn't really need
ranges in the first place, as the people who would be typing a
@counter-style rule using some set of non-latin characters would
probably have their keyboard set up to make it easy to just type out
the full alphabet.  It takes about 5 seconds to type out the latin
alphabet, and I assume other languages are similar.  This reasoning
probably applies here as well.  (Fonts needs the ranges, because
they're often huge and span alphabets.)