Re: [css-tv] CSS TV profile Obsolete?

in general i agree with this, however I would object to any use of the term
"obsolete", which, at least in my reading in terms of specifications, means
it has been superseded; since it has not been superseded, that would be an
incorrect characterization; that is, it is (or may) still be used, it is
not necessarily out of date, and it has not been replaced by something new

obsolete |ˌäbsəˈlēt|adjective1 no longer produced or used; out of date : the
disposal of old and obsolete machinery | the phrase was obsolete after
1625. See note at old .verb [ trans. ]cause (a product or idea) to be or
become obsolete by replacing it with something new : we're trying to
stimulate the business by obsoleting last year's designs.