Re: [css3-transitions] Interpolating transforms: a proposal to avoid Euler angles in favor of using quaternions

From: Matt Woodrow <mwoodrow@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 11:21:48 +1300
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, public-fx@w3.org
Sorry for the slow reply here.

The WebKit implementation of quaternions looks like it should produce
equivalent rotations to the Gecko implementation.

That said, I think we should use Tim's original algorithm suggestion for
the spec, primarily because it doesn't require any fudge factors. Not
requiring any divisions either is always nice too.

- Matt