[css3-flexbox] alignment test

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 22:31:46 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: John Jansen <John.Jansen@microsoft.com>, Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>, Rossen Atanassov <Rossen.Atanassov@microsoft.com>
Trying to understand what exactly is expected from flexbox alignment, I came up with a test that is exercising all alignment/size/margin combination I could think of. The new spec (http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-flexbox/#flex-align) is not yet specific enough, but I am pretty sure we have agreed that we will want same behavior as specified in 2009 spec (http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-css3-flexbox-20090723/#alignment), at least I am not aware of any stated differences.

Attached is the test, including prefixed syntax for implementations I know about
(-ms-box-, -moz-box- and -webkit-box-) and a screenshot of what I expect to see.

Is my understanding correct?

Note that as far as I can read the 2009 spec, it does "true center" both when aligned with margins and when aligned with "box-align:center". Not sure if it was intentional but it is what it defines, doesn't it?

Also note that the test includes all cases in horizontal and in vertical writing modes. I only included a screen shot for horizontal, writing mode is there for completeness but it doesn't make any difference for flexbox algorithms.

Thanks
Alex

flex-align.png
(image/png attachment: flex-align.png)