[css3-images] radial gradient syntax ED changed and immediately WD'd?

From: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 09:13:03 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
>From the IRC log http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/css/20111130...

I get the impression that Fantasai updated the syntax yet again, and it was immediately resolved to move the new syntax to WD with little-to-no-vetting of the changes after less than 24hr of the edit.

Given that it took over a week - and significant time investment - to reach the ED syntax that was there before 11/29, and there was zero discussion on that syntax proposal prior to the 11/29 edit over a 3 week period .... isn't it overly aggressive, or rather premature, to immediately kick that new edit to WD?

I kind of feel like my time was wasted.

I haven't even seen the new proposed grammar but I am already suspect that it likely has issues given that it is being rushed.  In previous "rushes" of this module, I've typically found at least 2 issues.

I'll try to review the 11/29 edits to the ED tomorrow or the next day, other work priorities allowing.