RE: [css3-selectors] [css4-selectors] [CSS21] pseudo grammar conflicts with BCP 47 (RFC4647) for :lang()

On Friday, August 26, 2011 11:19 AM Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Arron Eicholz wrote:
> >Here is the specific part of the core grammar that is incorrect:
> >
> >Appendix G
> >
> >pseudo
> >: ':' [ IDENT | FUNCTION S* [IDENT S*]? ')' ]
> >
> >Needs to be changed to something like this:
> >
> >pseudo
> >: ':' [ IDENT | FUNCTION S* [ \*? IDENT S*]? ')' ]
>
> Could you elaborate on what you think the problem is here? I am guessing
> that you want to add wildcard matching as a new feature to :lang but the
> change you propose does not do that.

Yes you are correct we will need to add a * to the section of the grammar that is within the FUNCTION. Though I am not a grammar expert, I thought that \*? Would allow the possibility of adding a * to the FUNCTION contents and also still allow you to provide an IDENT as well when the situation is needed.

Either way we need to add an optional *. I just may have the syntax incorrect.

--
Thanks,
Arron Eicholz