Re: [css4-selectors] ::selection pseudo-element should be put back in the spec

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:47:15 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On 08/26/2011 10:21 AM, Arron Eicholz wrote:
> Since we pulled the ::selection pseudo-element out of Selectors Level 3 we should try and put it back in for Selectors Level 4.

Selectors 4 isn't going to define pseudo-elements, just the generic
syntax. ::selection will probably wind up in UI 4.

> I think one of the previous Selectors Level 3 specs had a reasonable definition that we can build on for Selectors Level 4.

Nope. The closest thing we had to a reasonable definition was dbaron's
proposal from an F2F long ago. The definition in the spec was very far
from being usable, which is why we pulled it.