Re: background-print

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:36:51 -0700
To: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I haven't been following the thread closely, but I can't remember if I saw this answered.
>
> Does background-print have any impact on the printing of box-shadow or text-shadow?

That's up to UAs.  The entire feature, as it exists in the present, is
an attempt by the UA to save printer ink by manipulating style.  It's
conceivable that UAs could adjust or suppress shadows.

> If not, are there other properties that allow enabling/disabling of those for printing?

A property with a properly-broad name, like "printer-safe-colors",
would allow the author to hint in that direction.

I don't think there's any use to being more specific than the current
proposal, if that's what you're asking.