Re: [css3-ui] ID selectors as values of nav-{up,right,down,left} properties

From: Eli Morris-Heft <eli.morris.heft@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 13:46:30 -0500
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
>> #foo {
>>   nav-right: #bar;
>> }
>

> Would "nav-right: element(bar)" make more sense?

As an author, even if we are going to use the element(id) notation, I think
it would be good to mark the id as an id instead of a keyword by saying
element(#bar). It's visually distinctive and clearly marks a different kind
of value.

Though I just realized that this is the same function being discussed
elsewhere in content: discussions. Hmm. My suggestion still stands, though,
and should apply in those places as well.

Eli Morris-Heft