RE: [css3-images] new side-or-corner keywords?

From: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 04:04:51 +0000
To: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr. (jackalmage@gmail.com)" <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "Masataka Yakura" <myakura.web@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Sigh.

Alan:
> Brian, we discussed this test case offlist last month (with a min-width
> media query).
> http://css-class.com/test/css/bidi/kanji-test-linear-gradient-media.htm

I pasted all 12 of your private mails into notepad.

Here are all the occurrences of the words in question that weren't part of social banter...

---start
>A gradient has a start and end point.
>The start edge of a box is nominally the edge from which
>text of its inline base direction will start. For boxes
>the start edge is the end edge.
>writing mode. The start (left) and ends (right) points of a

---end
>A gradient has a start and end point.
>the start edge is the end edge.
>writing mode. The start (left) and ends (right) points of a

---before
<no occurrences>

---after
<no occurrences>

None of these references even hints at adding start, end, before or after as new keywords in the linear-gradient syntax.

So...

> To say that you have never heard of start, end, before, or after used
> with linear gradients until now is false since this is what I mentioned
> to you offlist over a month ago.

...you're incorrect.

I can forward you the mails offlist if you'd like to discuss further.