Re: [css3-floats] Comments on floats/positioning draft

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 16:28:54 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
On 8/3/11 4:24 PM, Rossen Atanassov wrote:
> In short. The processing model as of now is a 2-pass layout exactly as you outlined it below.

Any time I see that sort of thing, I get worried.  In particular, every
instance of actual two-pass layout in Gecko that was web-facing has had
to be more or less removed because of sites nesting things needing such
layout, leading to exponential growth in the number of passes on the
innermost boxes.

So is this the sort of two-pass layout that's only two passes no matter
what the nesting depth is, or is this the sort that gives you 1024
passes once nested 10 deep?

-Boris