Re: [css3-images] object-* at-risk (was: Resolving on gradient issues)

From: Leif Arne Storset <lstorset@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 12:01:03 +0200
To: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> skreiv Wed, 03 Aug 2011 04:00:31
+0200

> I've finished the CSS3 Images edits that came from f2f decisions
> today.  In particular, I've made the following substantive changes:

[snip]

> 2. Marked the element() function and object-* properties as at-risk.

Note that object-* has two implementations (Opera and HP). I don't
currently have access to the HP impl, but I believe 'object-position' is
interoperable, and 'object-fit' is interoperable for the 'fill', 'contain'
and 'cover' values. Given that, would it be enough to cease marking the
two entire properties as at-risk?

Of course, we also implement the 'none' value (which HP may or may not
implement) and the 'auto' value (which has been rejected by the WG). AFAIK
no-one implements 'scale-down' yet. It would be reasonable to mark 'none'
and 'scale-down' as at-risk, if marking parts of a property at-risk is a
done thing.

--
Leif Arne Storset
Core Technology Developer, Opera Software