Re: [css3-animations] Effect of display:none and visibility:hidden on animations

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 09:56:57 +1000
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
CC: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>, Jonathan Snook <jonathan@snook.ca>, www-style@w3.org
On 3/08/2011 3:00 AM, Rik Cabanier wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Alan Gresley wrote:

>> Being able to use
>> display: none could have solved the issue but I can't see how you can
>> animate from display: block to display: none with an animation that last
>> longer than 100ms or even in seconds and have it look good. It's not like it
>> just vanishes.
>>

> It should just vanish. There is no 'step' between display: none and block

What happens if the animation between display: block and display: none
is 4 seconds long.

@keyframes four-seconds-long-animation {
        from { display: block }
        to   { display: none }
}

In what fashion does it vanish over a 4 second time period? What should
happen if a UAs is faced with such an animation?

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/