Re: [css3-animations] Effect of display:none and visibility:hidden on animations

From: Jonathan Snook <jonathan@snook.ca>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 17:25:44 -0400
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>
> The spec should say that non-animatable properties in a keyframe value rule are applied (we agreed for transitions that non-animatable properties do actually change over time, at the end of the duration). If that's not the case then I'll fix it. If WebKit doesn't implement this then it's a bug too.

The current spec says, "Properties that are unable to be animated are ignored in these rules", in Keyframes.
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-animations/#keyframes-

If you fixed this, this would be excellent. Webkit more accurately reflects the spec as-is (ie: non-animatable properties are ignored) but would love to file a bug for such (ie: non-animatable properties should be applied, just not animated).

Jonathan.