Re: Re: Re: '', '', and ' ' in lists (was Re: [css 3-li sts] of lists and castles)

From: Hkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 18:30:01 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Hkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Also sprach Tab Atkins Jr.:

 > > > Don't be silly.
 > >
 > > Language, please.
 >
 > That's... probably the least offensive language I've ever been chided
 > for using.  ^_^  It was meant in a friendly tone.

Good :-)

 > > What I mean is that we should document all the weird and wonderful
 > > list style numbering systems there, but move the description to
 > > somewhere else. Like John suggested.
 >
 > I don't understand this suggestion.

Here's how John put it:

  I think describing number formatting in general (i.e. beyond the use
  in simple lists) is a worthy task but not something that really
  belongs in a CSS rec.  I think a W3C Note or a Unicode Technical Note
  would be a better place for this work.

-h&kon
              Hkon Wium Lie                          CTO e