'æ', 'ø', and 'å ' in lists (was Re: [css3-lists] of lists and castles)

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:45:49 +0200
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Also sprach L. David Baron:

 > > (FWIW, I rarely see lists longer than, say 20 items. One reason why I
 > > could not confirm the use of 'æ', 'ø', and 'å' in lists is that it's
 > > rare for lists to get that long.)
 >
 > http://www.lovdata.no/all/tl-19990702-064-009.html says:

 >   # w)      tannhelsesekretær
 >   # x)      tannlege
 >   # y)      tannpleier
 >   # z)      tanntekniker
 >   # æ)      vernepleier
 >   # ø)      provisorfarmasøyt
 >   # å)      reseptarfarmasøyt

Interesting. (I wonder if they limited the number of authorsized
professions to 29 to avoid the issue of how to number the 30th :)

I presume this list tradition is also used in Swedish, which ends with

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Å#Place_in_alphabe

So, if we want to provide a complete solution, we need to encode these
into section 4.3. I suggest we do so, and then promptly delete section
4.3!

For laws and other important documents, I'd probably not rely on
counters and list styles -- I'd rather write the markers into to the
document. Therefore, lists like the above example can still be encoded.

Cheers.

-h&kon