Re: [css3-lists] of lists and castles

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, then.  I think the styles are valuable to support, given that
> they are used in real life.  Should we perhaps just limit the styles
> to the range 0-9999?  That would cut out a decent chunk of complexity
> (as it would limit them to a single "group") and still support the
> *vast* majority of use-cases.
>
> I'd have to review, but I think this would also allow me to define
> several of them using the 'additive' type.  A few would still have to
> be explicitly defined (the Chinese ones, in particular, due to the
> zero-collapsing rule they have), but it would be less than the current
> set.

Upon review, yes, I could do the Japanese and Korean styles as simple
additive styles if I limited them to the range [0,9999] (or
[-9999,9999]).  Chinese would still have to be specially defined, but
it would be significantly simpler if also limited to that range.

This seems like an adequate compromise - 10k should be enough for anyone, right?

~TJ