Re: [css3-selectors] Proposal for browser specific prefix

On 23/04/2011 5:00 AM, Alexander Shpack wrote:
>> I don't think he's suggesting that the specific-prefixes would stop working, just that there might usefully be an easy way to write "I want the frotz behavior, and it's fine by me if it's standard frotz, -webkit-frotz, -o-frotz, -super-frotz, -barely-frotz, -ms-frotz, or even -totallynew-frotz".
>>

> Correct!
>
> In addition.
> https://developer.mozilla.org/media/css/common-min.css
>
> -moz and -webkit prefixes was used more than 50 times each!
>
> I, as web-developer, will shot himself, when I develop any page with
> border-radius, box-shadow or something similar.

When was the last time that you tested to see if un-prefixed versions of
those properties are supported? Many browsers support them now un-prefixed.

At this moment of time WebKit supports border-radius without a prefix
but has trouble with percentage values in some cases.

-webkit-border-radius: 120px 120px; /* WebKit will use these values */
border-radius: 50% 50%; /* WebKit does not handle percentage values in
some cases */

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/