Re: [css3-selectors] Proposal for browser specific prefix

On 23/04/2011 5:48 AM, François REMY wrote:
>> If you don't want to change your CSS, don't use experimental
>> properties that are guaranteed to change. Stick to tested, stable,
>> unprefixed properties instead. Vendor prefixes are meant to expose
>> the property for experimentation, not stable production use.
>
> +1
>
> From my point of view, prefixed properties should not
> be available in public version of browsers at all. They
> are experimental and should stay on 'dev' builds.

Then authors should just forget using CSS3. I support the way things are.

If Alexander wishes to use experimental CSS, he puts up with using
vendor prefixes. I have used them since 2008 and I haven't had to change
them (even if the behavior may vary in different browsers).

Boris gave the best reason being that an author may have to update there
CSS since changes are made to long established CSS.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/