Re: Transforms and z-index (Was: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2011-04-20)

On 4/21/11 11:05 PM, Simon Fraser wrote:
> On Apr 21, 2011, at 7:27 pm, fantasai wrote:
>> smfr: Webkit has this just create a pseudo-stacking context (like
>> 'opacity'
>> does), but FF and maybe IE let z-index work.

I'm not sure where the "maybe" comes from, given that there are previous
posts on this very list saying that z-index works on transformed
elements in Presto, Gecko, and IE9.  As in, everything that implements
transforms _except_ WebKit.

I'm fine with the decision assuming the spec is actually clarified
accordingly, since every single implementor who read it thought it meant
that z-index should apply to transformed elements, but I really hope
other decisions actually take mailing list discussion into account better...

-Boris