Re: [css3-animations] non-animatable values of animatable properties

On Saturday 2011-04-16 08:24 -0700, L. David Baron wrote:
> One more question about this behavior (which I don't see the spec
> answering):  when some of the adjacent pairs of values of a property
> aren't animatable, what happens?  All the spec says about
> non-animatable situations is:
>   # Properties that are unable to be animated are ignored in these
>   # rules, with the exception of animation-timing-function', the
>   # behavior of which is described below.
>   -- http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-animations/#keyframes

The behavior I implemented for now is that if some of the pairs of
values for a property aren't animatable, I drop the property from
the animation (even if some of the pairs of values are animatable).
This seemed like the most reasonable behavior I could come up with,
at least until we have animation of non-interpolable properties.

(In this model, dropping a single segment feels much wierder since
each property has its own set of segments, though I suppose it's an
option.)

-David