[cssom] comments on MediaQueryList

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:27:23 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
A few comments on
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/#the-mediaquerylist-interface ,
which I'm implementing:

  readonly attribute DOMString matches;
should say:
  readonly attribute boolean matches;

Also, the spec currently says:
  # If the associated media query list changes in evaluation then,
  # for each listener in the list of media query list listeners — in
  # appending order, queue a task that invokes the listener, passing
  # as argument the MediaQueryList object.
I'm not sure if "queue a task" is quite sufficient, since we may
want to run these listeners earlier if something happens first that
wants to flush style data.  I don't know if the spec has a good way
of describing that, though.  (Also, I hope the definition of "queue
a task" allows timer-based refreshing where on each refresh we flush
different things based on the scope of what they can change
(content, style, layout).)

-David