Re: [css3-lists] Remaining feedback on the module

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:04:14 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Le 20/04/11 01:55, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :

> 7. Are Aegean (U+10107-10133), Shavian (U+10450-1047F), and Ugaritic
> (U+10380-1039D) things I should address?  I dunno if these are living
> or dead scripts.

Aegean and Ugaritic are extinct. Scholars wanting to include sections
of a document using those scripts are not :-) But I never saw a list
numbered in Ugaritic on a tablet or anything else.
Apparently, Ugaritic numbers were usually written as words (3 =
"three").

Aegean is more problematic since it does have glyphs for numbers and
those appeared in artifacts.

Shavian is a recently constructed script for English. I have never ever
seen a live example of shavian script nor have I ever met anyone able
to write/read it.

PS: Ugaritic is the very first alphabet of human history. The order
of the letters in that alphabet still influence a large part of the
world.

</Daniel>