Re: [css3-text] script categories, 'bicameral', 'discrete', Unicode links and more

On 04/15/2011 11:29 AM, John Hudson wrote:
> What is the functional purpose of the script classification system?

Map writing systems into the appropriate justification behavior.

> Wouldn't it be better to define a set of line-breaking and justification model categories, and then populate these with the
> scripts to which each should be applied?

Isn't that what we're trying to do here?

Wrt cursive typefaces and stylistic/language-specific preferences on whether
letter-spacing should be allowed, the 'letter-spacing' property can be set
to disable justification, which is the current recourse for such situations.

~fantasai