Re: [css3-animations] "Applies To" lines are wrong

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:54:30 -0700
To: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Cc: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, www-style@w3.org
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 8:04 AM, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com> wrote:
> I'm curious, is this the sort of behavior that you expect with ::marker?

I expect ::marker to act exactly like a child element of its superior
parent, same as ::before and ::after, and accept all properties that
would apply to a normal child element.

I expect pseudo-elements in general to act like this, with special
ones (like ::first-line) specially called out in their definitions as
being exceptions.  For example, ::first-letter can also accept all
properties, and I expect that ::slot or ::grid-cell or whatever to be
the same.